Turmeric is gaining popularity, in the cosmetics industry due to its inflammatory and antioxidant properties and for good reason.
If you’re seeking a gentle yet effective DIY turmeric face scrub that can help with acne, scars, pigmentation, dullness and more consider combining turmeric with ingredients!
We have compiled our ten homemade DIY turmeric face scrub recipes using available all natural ingredients. After a mixing and washing routine you might notice an improvement, in the radiance and health of your skin.
In This Article
Why Use a DIY Turmeric Face Scrub?
Curcumin, the main ingredient in turmeric, offers remarkable health benefits, including anti-inflammatory and antioxidant actions. When used as a face scrub, it helps address the following common skin issues:
- Acne: Lessens inflammation and extra oil in blocked pores.
- Hyperpigmentation: Reduces discoloration and dark patches.
- Dullness: Removes dead skin cells and brightens the skin.
- Scarring: Acne scars heal and fade more quickly.
- Fine lines: Increases the synthesis of collagen to reduce wrinkles.
- Oily skin: Reduce unnecessary oil production for a smooth, clean complexion.
Make your turmeric face masks. Avert the harsh chemicals included in scrubs purchased from stores as well. Additionally, creating your own lets you alter the components to suit the requirements of your skin.
Recommended– What Skincare Products Should Not Be Refrigerated?
Tips for DIY Turmeric Face Scrub
Before applying to the entire face:
- Perform a patch test.
- Increase the frequency gradually, starting once or twice a week.
- Avoid using it on open wounds or active breakouts.
- Rinse well after use.
- Store any surplus in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Top 10 DIY Turmeric Face Scrub Recipes
1. Turmeric & Honey Scrub
While it gently exfoliates, sweet honey counteracts the drying impact of turmeric.
- Combine 1 tsp powdered turmeric and 2 tsp raw honey.
- After two minutes of circular face scrubbing, rinse.
2. Yogurt and Turmeric Scrub
Turmeric purges pores, while yoghurt softens and exfoliates evenly.
- Mix one tablespoon of plain Greek yoghurt with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
- Wash your face gently for three minutes, then rinse.
You may also like- Is Byoma Skincare Good: Analyzing this New Affordable Brand
3. Buttermilk, Oats, and Turmeric Scrub
While the lactic acid in buttermilk soothes skin, gentle oats exfoliate.
- Mix one tablespoon of oats, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder, and one tablespoon of buttermilk.
- Rinse after one minute of scrubbing onto moist skin.
4. DIY Turmeric Face Scrub with Coconut Oil
Turmeric cleanses and brightens, while coconut oil retains moisture.
- Combine 1 tsp coconut oil and 1/2 tsp powdered turmeric.
- After two minutes, gently massage the face and then rinse.
5. Sugar Scrub with Turmeric
While turmeric polishes, brown sugar rubs away dead skin cells.
- Mix one tablespoon of brown sugar with 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- After 30 seconds of circular scrubber application on moist skin, rinse.
6. Lemon Juice and Turmeric Scrub
Turmeric reduces inflammation, while astringent lemon juice purges pores.
- Juice half a lemon and add a dash of turmeric powder.
- After a minute, gently massage the area and rinse.
You may also like- CeraVe Cream vs Lotion: How to Choose the Right One
7. Milk Scrub with Turmeric
Turmeric nourishes and evens tone, while the lactic acid in milk exfoliates.
- To make a paste, combine 1 tsp ground turmeric and 2 tsp milk.
- After two minutes of application, properly cleanse your face.
8. Turmeric & Raw Rice Scrub
Turmeric refines skin, while mild rice grains eliminate dead cells.
- Combine two tablespoons of uncooked rice with 1/2 teaspoon of powdered turmeric.
- After 30 seconds of gentle face cleaning, thoroughly rinse.
9. Rosewater & Turmeric Scrub
Turmeric cleanses while calming rosewater balances and tones the skin.
- Mix 1/2 tsp honey, 1 tbsp rosewater, and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
- After a minute of gentle face cleaning, rinse.
10. Coffee & Turmeric Scrub
Turmeric revitalizes dull complexions while caffeinated coffee energizes.
- Combine one tablespoon of cooled coffee grounds with 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- After 20 seconds of circular cleaning, thoroughly rinse your face.
FAQs Related to “DIY Turmeric Face Scrub”
Which Turmeric is good for DIY Face Scrubs?
Rather than using less potent pre-made spice combinations, go for pure turmeric powder. Ensure that it is finely crushed to prevent irritating the sensitive skin of your face.
How to store turmeric for long use?
For use in homemade face scrubs, keep turmeric’s anti-inflammatory qualities fresh by keeping it out of direct sunlight in an airtight container. It can hold its potency for up to six months if stored in a cold, dry location.
DIY neem turmeric face scrub?
Mix 1 tsp each of neem powder, turmeric powder, honey, and yoghurt. Combine and gently scrub the face for one to two minutes, then rinse with water. While the turmeric reduces inflammation and scarring, the antimicrobial neem fights acne.
DIY turmeric face scrub without dairy?
Blend 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp coconut oil, and 1/2 lemon juice. For a dairy-free version, gently cleanse your skin and use coconut oil to hydrate and brighten it with lemon juice.
DIY turmeric face scrub for dark spots?
Try combining 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp rice flour, 1 tsp raw honey, and 2 tbsp rose water. Gently scrub onto dark spots and rinse after 1-2 minutes. The turmeric and rice flour work together to efficiently fade pigmentation.
Turmeric’s remarkable anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities explain why it’s become a desired ingredient in beauty products. You may create natural face scrub recipes tailored to the particular requirements of your skin by crafting your turmeric scrub at home.
Make a personalized scrub that addresses your skin issues by combining basic ingredients like yoghurt, honey, and lemon juice according to our advice.
These 10 DIY turmeric face scrub recipes are made entirely of natural ingredients, and with just a little mixing, you may reveal incredibly clean, glowing skin. Turmeric’s nourishing properties will leave your skin feeling renewed and revitalized.
Hi, I'm Naznin! I really love making skin happy. I learned cool stuff about skincare and want to share it with you! Together, let's explore how to take care of our skin and feel awesome. Join me on this fun journey where we can be our beautiful selves!